Updated Monday 26 July 2021
Thank you for your support and ongoing attention to providing a COVID safe environment at FMS.
Here’s what you need to know
Greater Sydney will be learning from home through to Friday 30 July in accordance with current stay at home orders.
Greater Sydney is now in Level 4 restrictions, the highest level, under these restrictions, the following applies:
- only essential adults will be admitted to the school
- non-essential visitors are not permitted on the school site – this means we will also be restricting couriers and any specialists who would normally work with students
- social distancing and mask-wearing of adults who pick up children is expected
- NSW QR code sign ins are now mandatory in schools, should you need to enter the school
- we will be conducting all meetings online, including tours with prospective parents.
For further information, please refer to the documents from the Department of Health:
Thank you to the FMS staff who have worked tirelessly to compile our handbooks.
‘I just wanted to take a moment to thank you and all the staff for working so hard, and in such good faith with us, the families of all the children at FMS, during these extraordinary times. I see the anxiety on most adult faces that I pass in the course of a day, and I’m sure that is shared by you all. But there is simply no hint of it in my children beyond what I would expect with so many small but necessary changes being made to school protocols. I take my hat off to you all for your courage and calmness.’
Talking with your children
Here are some resources for guiding your children through these unprecedented times.
From the Forestville Montessori School blog
Other useful Montessori resources: (permission granted by authors)
Montessori groups for parents:
The following parent groups are facilitated by Montessori teachers and Montessori teacher trainers.
Prospective families – meet our Principal
As Montessorians, we believe in the power of human connection and adaptation. In moments that feel unfamiliar, we thrive.
Forestville Montessori School committed to our students and families. To ensure the safety of our community, we may have to temporarily close our doors.
However, if we do, our community remains open in new, exciting ways.
For families who are interested in learning more about our school, please fill in our contact us form and we will be in touch to arrange a one-on-one discussion with our Principal, Denice Scala. During this conversation, we’ll learn more about you and your child(ren), and give you the full introduction to our school.
Topics we will cover include:
- What our classrooms look like (including class sizes and materials)
- Who makes up our wonderful, dedicated staff and how they build collaborative, long lasting meaningful relationships with your child (ren)
- A ‘day-in-the-life’ of our students – across all programs
- Our nurturing, child-centred community based on mutual respect
- How we support co-operation over competition
- Our focus on your child(ren), their inner drive, their desire to be independent
- Our very special parent community
You’ll have questions; we’ll have answers
After your conversation with Denice, you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions! No matter the circumstance, we want you to be as informed as possible before making a decision on your child’s future.